So, you have got to the interview stage. It is nerve wracking but you are one step closer to getting your dream role. At this stage of the game preparation is key and coming from an ex-forces background you should have all the skills need to gather data and intelligence on what is hopefully your future employer.
Key hints and tips:
- Find out everything you can about the firm that could be your future employer a week before the interview. The last thing you want to be doing is a last minute Google search which may bring up inaccurate information. The best source of information is probably the company website, followed by any news stories and company reports.
- Have another look at the job description and your own CV to remind yourself both of the role that you are applying for and how your experience fits that role.
- Prepare your clothes the night before. You don’t want to be worrying about ironing your clothes on the morning of the interview!
- Plan your route and get to the interview in plenty of time so that you have time to compose yourself before you go in.
- When in the interview try to answer the questions fully, stayed energised and engaged – and most importantly – be yourself!
- At the end of the interview try to make sure that you clarify anything you are unsure of and ask at least one question of the interviewer.
- Check when you will find out if you have the job.